The storage capacity of the USB device is utilized to boost up your system performance. So, here we will show you how to use an USB storage device as RAM on your pc. You can use this feature in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows xp operating systems.
1. Plugin your USB storage device.
(Pendrive,Memory card reader,Removable hard disk,etc..)
2. From My computer, find your USB storage disk.
3. Right click on your USB storage disk and then select properties
4. By selecting properties, you will be displayed with different tabs, select ReadyBoost tab
5. In the ReadyBoost tab, click on Use this device, and set the space to be utilized, by dragging the slider. Now click on Apply.
Done! You have just upgraded the RAM of your PC using a USB pendrive and you are good to install and play with apps that need more RAM. Just remember that you can't use this pendrive for data storage purposes while it's being used by the readyboost feature. Windows will frequently write and read data from this flash disk for utilizing it as RAM. If you love pendrives and want to customize one for yourself or your brand, you can get your personalized USB from CustomDrives.